Estate planning doesn’t have to be overwhelming. In fact, you’ll be surprised by how smooth the process is with Cross Law. You’ll also be surprised at our level of commitment: While most law firms consider the attorney-client relationship to end once you’ve signed the planning documents, we see that moment as just the beginning of our relationship. Here’s what to expect.
Prior to our meeting
- Contact us to schedule an initial meeting with David Cross, to determine whether there’s a good fit between you and our firm.
- A few days after scheduling, we’ll send you a packet of materials to begin the planning process. Please complete and return the materials at least 3 days prior to our meeting. We will gladly help should you have any questions.
- If you have existing estate planning documents, please send these to our office at least 1 week before our meeting.
During our meeting
- During our initial meeting (which may take up to 2 hours), David Cross will walk you through what your loved ones would need to do and where your assets would go should something happen to you.
- If you have an existing plan (or a plan prepared by the state), we will review it to determine if anything should be changed to better protect your family’s future.
- Assuming there is a good fit between you and our firm, we will then design a plan to make sure your family will be taken care of in the event of the unthinkable.
- Once the plan has been designed to your satisfaction, we’ll schedule a return visit to our office about 4-6 weeks later so you can sign your planning documents.
After our meeting
- Once you’ve signed your planning documents, your family and your assets will be completely protected in case of your death or incapacity. We will create a digital record of the documents so you can easily access them if the need arises.
- At no additional charge, we’ll review your estate plan at least every three years and keep you informed about changes in the law and about other issues that affect your family’s future.
To schedule your initial meeting with Cross Law, or to learn more,
please call us at 650-503-3078 or contact us using the form below.
Contact us today
Email us at email@example.com or by clicking the button below.